Monday, December 10, 2012

Just a Little too Slow (is sometimes a good thing)

I hate when I think of things a little too late. I'm bad at this with witty comebacks. Or any comeback. I've never been too good thinking on my feet, or sitting on my ass, or at any time really. Example - someone was complaining earlier about snow... how they got 16 inches. After I had already made my reply, I got to thinking... damn, I'd love 16 inches. Of course, this is probably a good thing I didn't make this comment (since yes, it was meant in that way), but damn part of me wishes I had thought of it/said it.

Of course, there are other times when the filter from brain to lips (or fingers) doesn't work, and I say things completely inappropriate. There probably have been times when a witty comment like the 16 inch one has left my lips... unharnessed, unwittingly, and inappropriately (you know... said to someone who ya just really shouldn't be talking about 16 inches of anything with). Ah, I can never win.

So anyway, there really is absolutely no point to this post whatsoever. I was going to write the other piece of my "hope" gibberish... the one that belongs on my sermons blog... but I'm just not feeling too sermony right now. Or too hopeful right now. I don't even know why I bothered to start the sermons... no one reads them. Of course, no one reads this site either. But, everyone has to have a blank canvas to write to... even if that blank canvas doesn't write back... doesn't care... doesn't feel anything.

I'm considering getting back into painting. I still have plenty of paints left... just need some canvas. But, I really do suck at painting. I have a harder time getting things out on that kind of blank canvas. But, at least there, I can actually add some color to the canvas... something that people may want to look at and admire. Of course, all my painted canvases are tucked away in my basement, never to be seen. Of course, there is a reason for this (I really do suck).

But, I have been a bit on the crafty side lately, which has been ok. Working on christmas presents that I still don't know if I will give away. I made them because they made me think of the people they've been made for, but it just seems kind of cheap to give away something made, not bought. So, I'm not sure yet what I'll do. I'm just so... blah.

Did I have a point to what I'm writing? I forget now what the reason for this strange little rambling is. Does it even matter? Does anyone ever hear or care? Perhaps I should just scamper away...

No comments:

Post a Comment