Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dream Interpreter Needed

For the past couple weeks, I have been completely drained by the time I get home from work. So, I have been taking a short nap each day upon returning home. Today was no different. At least, no different when it came to being drained and taking a nap. The nap, on the other hand, was a bit different.

I had a dream.

Normally, I don't recall my dreams. Or, I'll remember I had a dream, and may remember the overall emotion behind the dream. But rarely do I remember details. And when I do, it's because there was a meaning behind it. I am a firm believer in dreams having meaning. I just can't seem to grasp the meaning behind the one today.

I was on an island with several ghosts, and a large black lab (which was also a ghost, but didn't believe it). The lab was basically keeping me hostage in this large building (which had a gorgeous garden). The garden was indoors, screened in, with a beautiful view of a waterfall. There was a large fountain in the garden, with a stone bench surrounding it. There was also a cross.

The lab lived in this garden, snarling and doing what he could to keep people out. But he kept toying with me. The only thing I remember clearly is he stole my jacket and hung it on the cross, which in turn burned the fabric where it came in direct contact.

Finally I had enough. I went in to talk to the dog. Sitting on the stone bench, I told the lab about the other ghosts who would love to play with him, but that if I was all he would let close, I would stay there with him, although I did not belong. He started speaking to me, admitting I didn't belong. I hugged him and as I did, he turned into a man. Oddly, I didn't recognize the man. At all. Oh, and he kissed me. Which was really weird because that's when I realized he was no longer a dog.

So yeah, any dream interpreters want to take a stab at this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment