Monday, November 5, 2012

Dangers of Drinking and/or Thinking

I think everyone is aware of most of the dangers of drinking. For example - don't drive if you've been drinking... your reflexes are slower and thus accidents can happen. In fact, don't play with anything that requires reflexes (or could potentially require this). Power tools - potentially bad. Fire - potentially stupid. You get the point.

And of course, there are often dangers of waking up with someone you've never met before, or that you would never go home with when you're in the right state of mind. Bad choices are quite synonymous with drinking.

But, what about speaking and/or thinking?

I don't know if too many people realize the potential danger behind opening your mouth if you've been drinking. Or, just as dangerous, emailing someone. I can't speak for others - but for myself, I tend to be brutally honest when I'm drinking. Things I would otherwise not tell them, I'm more than happy to ramble. I've picked fights, told people to go to hell, told people more about my life than they (or anyone else) wants to know, and the list goes on.

Anyway, this was going to be a much longer, fun post, but apparently I'm still feeling like crap and am just too tired to type (and this is not caused by drinking).

No comments:

Post a Comment