Sunday, April 1, 2012

Writing Prompts?

I've decided I really need to get back into writing. Unfortunately, now that I have the time, coming up with the topics isn't always that easy. I do have a few "writing prompts" websites saved - and yeah, they're ok - but it really isn't what I want. I mean... "write about something blue" may be interesting to some people, but it just doesn't strike me as an interesting write or read.

So, I've come up with my own plan.

Each day, I will go to one of my friend's Facebook wall, and will take one of the statuses of the day or week, and will base my blog post solely on that status. This should be fun, yes? The status used may be a picture or song which has been posted, or perhaps a comment under a particular status. And I may not fully give the details or exact quote of the status or picture or video. I will simply write about it.

Yes, I do believe this could be strangely interesting.

Perhaps I shall start a book - the insanity of Facebook. Or the insanity caused by Facebook. Or... oh who cares. There really is no point to this whatsoever other than to give me something to write (and yes, I do realize I have several unfinished novels I could be working on instead).

Should anyone have any writing prompt ideas, please feel free to share them with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment