Saturday, October 2, 2010

I Tried

I tried writing in Whispers again tonight. It ended up being one of those good scenes. Well, until Grant left Mara frustrated and alone. But anyway, I'm finding it more and more difficult to write in this story. I think I made it too close for comfort. Granted, the characters are nothing like who they were based on. At least, not much anymore. Except for maybe "Doctor C". He's not too fully developed yet, and so is still much like whom he was based on.

But I digress. As I was saying, it is getting increasingly difficult to write Whispers. I am too close to the characters. Granted, what little has been written is good (in my opinion...and I rarely say my stuff is good which probably means it sucks). But it is emotionally draining to write it. THis is new territory for me. I have never had writing emotionally drain me. It is usually energizing and healing.

Maybe it is healing me. And I just don't want to be healed. Hmmm, that is an interesting concept. I think I shall go explore that a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment