Friday, May 11, 2012

Ibus and Wine

Today started out great. I woke up at 6:30 - a bit more tired than usual, but considering I had gotten a full 8 hours of sleep for a change, I attributed it to too much rest. And I was a bit cranky - not cranky-angry, but more that cranky feeling a person sometimes gets when they get pulled out of a good dream. Too bad I can't remember the dream - it must have been a really good one.

But, the sleepiness and the crankiness fell away as I put on black jeans and an adorable new top I hadn't worn yet. It requires a strapless - something I don't generally do - and it ties around the neck - another thing I don't wear often. But it is very adorable. The hair was a little uncooperative, but nothing too major. I have no one to impress. And so I head off to work, arriving at 7:30. I like getting in a little earlier than necessary - gives me a little peace and quiet.

It was around 7:45 that I started to notice a little pain in my shoulder/upper back. No big deal. I've dealt with back pain many times. Pop 4 Ibuprofen and move on. And this is what I did. 8:15am - ok, this is a little more than just a little back ache. It was getting incredibly worse. Maybe it was the outfit I chose. Now, some may find this a strange concept, but a) strapless bras are evil contraptions, and b) my back goes all weird if I wear a racer-back tank for too long. So, I quickly change into a normal boring tshirt and the underclothing required. This should fix it. 8:20, I start working again. By 9:00, I'm popping a couple more ibuprofen. That helped a little - dulled it at least. By 11:30, when I head off for lunch, I'm nearly in tears. This story continues in this way for several more hours. I managed to make it thru the day by overdosing on pain meds and by the use of a heating pad.

Now don't get me wrong. I could have easily just gone home and called it quits for the day. The thought occurred to me several times. But the truth is, the pain would have still been there - and quite possibly worse as there would have been nothing to keep my mind off the agony. Although, had I quit working, I could have started drinking my homemade wine a little earlier. I am hoping this homemade wine proves to be a remedy. I know whiskey works - but, alas, I don't have a bottle of that. So, I'm breaking open my barely-ready homemade wine.

And by the way - I must admit - this wine is GREAT! I'm drinking my grape one right now, but the fruit punch wine is equally good. I think I'm going to make one more - this one calls for just water, sugar, and yeast - essentially tasteless. BUT, it's supposed to be good for mixing with koolaids or other beverages. And, it should be clear, so I can carry it around in a water bottle and no one will know..

But anyway, time for a few more ibus and another glass of wine. WHY does this always happen on a weekend? Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment